Listen to our music (at right). Purchase our album.
Download sheet music for some of our tunes at the very bottom of this page.
About the Album
Our debut album, Waiting for the Snow, was released in 2012. The album showcases the collaborative energy honed over four years of playing countless dances. You can purchase it in several forms below.
A special note from the band: Our personal thanks for purchasing our music, even if — actually especially if — a copy has already found its way onto your computer gratis by some underground means we won’t go into. By doing so, you are helping us recoup the expenses of making this thing, showing your appreciation, and getting us that much closer to doing another venture like this in the future.
Signed upon request. (Add to "Notes".)
+$3 shipping, $1 for each additional
You can also order by check. Please send $18 ($15 CD + $3 shipping) to: Nor’easter CD c/o Max Newman, 36 Rogers Avenue, Somerville, MA 02144. If you would like to order more than one CD, shipping is only $1 for each additional CD. Make checks payable to Max Newman. Be sure to include your mailing address and note if you’d like us to sign your copy. If you are ordering outside the US or have any other questions .
Your Shopping Cart
What Some Have to Say
“A fantastic group – their virtuosity, compositions, and arrangements set the bar as high as it can go.”
— Tony (Sully) Sullivan, musician and tunesmith of “Exile of Erin” and “The Roaring Barmaid”
“OK — I’m not proud of it, but I have to admit that I often don’t make it all the way through most CDs — much less play them more than once. But we’ve been wearing out your new Nor’easter CD, playing it over and over again. You folks did a wonderful job with this. We love the tunes and your arrangements, the recording/mixing/mastering — and of course all your playing. This is a really fun recording and I expect it’ll have a long and happy life with everyone who is lucky enough to discover it!”
— Bill Matthiesen, compiler of The Waltz Books
“I’ve had Waiting for the Snow in my car CD player since I got it… I love it. I love every single cut. The more I hear it, the more I like it. Usually, there are 3 or 4 cuts on a CD that I particularly like and I look forward to those. Not so with your CD. Each cut has something unique to offer. Each one is a delight to listen to. Your music touches me beyond words. I cannot praise you enough or thank you enough for this beautiful beautiful music.”
— VT dancer
- The Coalminer / Popcorn / Humours of Tulla
- Champaign Jig Goes to Columbia (Carroll)/ A Jig (Katz & Kaynor)
- Doireann’s Waltz (McAuley)
- Forget Me Not (Redican) / Solstice Frolics (Stanistreet) / Waiting for the Snow (Stanistreet)
- Pippin’ (Newman) / Cheesequake (Vallimont) / Pippin’
- Saari & Kristen (Newman) / Le mariage de ma cousine (Newman)
- The Watermill (MacAdam-Somer) / The Blue Raven (Stanistreet) / Asher (Miller)
- Rainy Day in Orono (Stanistreet) / Sunny Windows (Trudel)
- Exile of Erin (Sullivan) / Beare Island (Dwyer)
- The Sound of Sleat (MacKinnon) / 250 to Vigo (Grant)
- Orchard Hill (Newman) / The Butcher’s March / The Torn Jacket
- Sasha’s (Vallimont)
- Solstice Frolics (Cedar Stanistreet)
- Waiting for the Snow (Cedar Stanistreet)
- Pippin’ (Max Newman)
- Cheesequake (Julie Vallimont)
- Saari & Kristen (Max Newman)
- Le mariage de ma cousine (Max Newman)
- The Blue Raven (Cedar Stanistreet)
- Rainy Day in Orono (Cedar Stanistreet)
- Orchard Hill (Max Newman)
- Sasha’s (Julie Vallimont)
As with most tunes, notes and chords represent a rough guide — and may not even represent how we always play them. Please, play them how you like and make them your own.